Friday, January 10, 2014

Greetings again! I'm sorry for the lack of posts (again!). My sister came up for the holiday and blogging was the last thing on my mind since I rarely get to see her. I am a bit late but might as well say it, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great holiday. Now that holidays are over, and a new year has begun, we've all made resolutions. This year, I will make an effort to follow through with my resolutions. So far I've only come up with a few resolutions, update my blog more often, stop saying 'like' so much and become healthy and fit. Since the year has begun, I'd say I'm doing pretty well.

I'm not saying 'like' as much as I did. I said 'like' between almost every word at one point. Then I read a post on Tumblr that went something like this, "Since when did said become like?" After reading that I decided to stop using 'like' so often. It came to me that using this word made me feel so uneducated. 'Like', to me, is a filler word that people use when they don't know what to say. I've noticed, as well, how often this word is used when people converse. It's agitating when people use this word when it isn't needed. Plus me being an English/Grammar nazi, it takes everything in me not to point out how many times that person said the word 'like' in a sentence. I think this is a very simple resolution but it can also be empowering. You learn more words to substitute 'like.'

On to my next resolution! Which is also the main subject of this post. For most of 2013, I was figuring on my own how to live a healthy lifestyle. In 2013, I had the desire to learn some recipes to make at home. One of the things I learned is to always get food on the edges, AKA on the walls. Never in the aisles. The food in the aisles are usually processed and, of course, aren't good for you. The food along the edges, have almost no preservatives. Although there are chemicals in them to make the food look better, it's still a lot better than the foods in the aisles. A couple days ago, my friend came to me asking if I could be her motivator to become healthy and fit. Of course, how could I say no to that? It's a perfect opportunity for myself to keep my resolution. For this year, I will be making posts of what workouts and exercise I'll be doing, what my workout schedule is like, and what foods I'll be eating. I'll post some recipes as well. I really love to cook. Even though it takes about an hour to cook and just 15 minutes to eat. The struggle. I'm not a professional trainer or a professional dietitian so please do not ask for professional help. I am solely making these posts to give some sort of guidance to people who feel lost and need help or motivation to become and/or stay healthy. It's a brutal journey to become healthy and fit - mentally and physically. Some days you'll be craving something sweet. Some days you'll feel like you've made no progress. Some days you feel like giving up. Some days you don't feel like going to the gym. When you're going for a run, your mind will tell you to stop running because you feel that you've already ran enough and your legs are killing. Your mind will be your worst enemy during this. I know you'll be able to do this and so will I. You just need some faith in yourself. Let's not forget determination and motivation.

I can't wait to start making posts about becoming healthy and fit. I hope this will motivate you to become healthy and fit. #crisgetshealthy I made a hashtag for this. How cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment